Friday, September 5, 2014

Labor Day Weekend

 We had a great time with my parents visiting us for labor day weekend! We went to Belle Isle, which is an island in Richmond that was used as a prisoner camp during the Civil War.

There is a long bridge that crosses the James River to get to the island. Once we crossed the bridge there were a ton of rocks to hop around on and swim.

Elsie and Grandma Jackson on our walk to the island.

Elsie and Grandpa on the bridge with part of downtown Richmond in the background.

Crossing the bridge and exploring the island...






 We also visited the Tredegar ironworks, which was used during the Civil War and still has some of the original building. I love all the history that Richmond and the surrounding area has to offer. I hope to brush up on my Civil War knowledge since I don't know nearly as much about it as I should.

We soaked up our last day at the pool and will sure miss it. Jeff had to spend a lot of the weekend preparing for step 3 boards, but he still managed to fit in a little play at the pool. He is finally done with his test and we can actually enjoy having him at home without having to study.



Annabelle mastered her swimming skills this summer and is an official independent swimmer. She even braved the diving board and deep end a few times.




3 weeks to go till we meet this little girl! For some reason I am still running a few miles every other day and I think I'm determined to go till the end.

Annabelle loves to create invitations for us and invite us to her shows she creates. This is a show that she helped Elsie set up. 

Our pretty Belle in her Belle dress. "Oh I just love my new dress!"

Sisters watching Netflix shows together.

2 comments:

  1. Belle Island looks beautiful and you look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you are already almost done! Yey!! Must feel good :)
    You look great! I can't believe you run every other day! Your crazy. Man when I'm pregnant I use it as an excuse to be lazy :)

    ReplyDelete