Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Jane's Birth Day

Our sweet baby girl, Jane McKaylee Bushman, was born Monday September 22, 2014 at 11:16 AM. She weighed 7 lb. 2 oz. and was 20.5 in long. 








My Mom arrived Sunday night to be here to help us. Jeff and I went to the hospital at 7am Monday morning for a scheduled induction. I hadn’t realized it yet but it appeared I was already in labor. When I first got in bed at the hospital I realized I was having contractions every four minutes and I was already 4 cm dilated. They were giving me Pitocin to help the process of my labor, and Pitocin makes the contractions much stronger. I was becoming very uncomfortable and then requested an epidural. It took forever for the anesthesiologist to finally arrive and give me my epidural. I finally got the epidural and experienced absolutely no relief of pain. The epidural ended up never working or relieving any pain, and only numbed my right leg. Shortly after I got my useless epidural I felt a lot of pressure. The nurse said I was 7 cm dilated and then two minutes later I said I was really feeling a lot of pressure. I was then 9 cm dilated and really feeling the need to push. Fortunately the doctor arrived pretty fast because I couldn’t keep the baby in me much longer. The urge to push was so strong and a few pushes later she was born. The nurse was getting ready to deliver the baby in case the doctor didn’t arrive. I'm glad my doctor arrived in time because I absolutely love my OBGYN, Dr. Hyde. He is the best doctor I have experienced. Being in labor and delivering a baby without an epidural (and receiving Pitocin) was definitely a different experience than with Annabelle and Elsie. I felt everything! Fortunately it was all pretty fast and my labor only lasted 3 hours. 


When I told my Mom over the phone we were thinking of naming her Jane I heard Elsie in the background say, “Jaaaane! I want to name her Jane!” My Mom told Annabelle in the car we named her Jane and Annabelle said, “Ohhh I love Jane! That’s pretty!” I think Jane fits this beautiful baby girl perfectly. 



Getting all cleaned up. She was so calm after she was delivered until they gave her a bath.

Annabelle and Elsie are some very excited big sisters.

Our family with 3 beautiful sweet girls!

We are sure thankful for all that our Father in Heaven has blessed us with.









Elsie enjoyed having so much candy and treats at her disposal.  


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Jane is perfect! Way to go on your fast labor! You are amazing! Sending prayers your way for a speedy recovery! Enjoy your beautiful new little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cute little family looks soooo happy in these pictures! That labor story makes me a little scared to have more babies. I think that if I had to deal with all that pain without anticipating it I would die... I was in a lot of pain with my first and I kinda wanted to die!!! Anyways congrats to you guys and YOU GO GIRL!!!

    ReplyDelete